Discuss your opinions, decide with our facts
Discover the stories behind the data and head home with actionable insights, at the inaugural STR Insider. If you’re a hotel decision-maker or influence the accommodation industry, then this event is a must!
Our interactive sessions will cover a range of topics, giving you the tools to make informed business decisions. From Australia’s current place in the global landscape, to what the future holds for key markets, and how the economic situation is shaping the tourism and accommodation industries – this is your ticket to the numbers behind Australian hotel performance.
Tickets are limited, so act fast and reserve your place today.
A global view
- A global view of the accommodation industry, presented by Jesper Palmqvist, Area Director Asia Pacific – STR
- Implications for Australian performance and investment.
- An economic lens on tourism and accommodation, presented by Sarah Hunter, Chief Australia Economist – BIS Oxford Economics
- Is there a link between housing valuations and consumer spending?
- What impact does trade, BREXIT and government infrastructure have to travel intentions and behaviour?
- Can we expect more growth from China?
- The accommodation of the future panel – expert opinions on what attracts customers and how to make them more profitable – Panelists: Karen Wales – Colliers International, Gadi Hassin – Hind Group & Richard Crawford, Marriott International
- Is the development surge unique to Australia and experiences from abroad?
- Where are new properties being built? Types and implications for existing operators.
- How will the accommodation industry look in 5 years?
- A deep dive into key markets by STR’s Australian Team exploring analysis concepts and key actionable takeaways. Topics of exploration include the impact of new supply to existing properties, are alternative accommodation options impacting busy nights, what underlying factors are driving performance and the opportunities present and how long does it take a property to stabilise.
- Australian Accommodation profitability – how are operators managing their flow through – are costs being managed more efficiently and top line revenue delivered to profit growth?
- Forecasts for the future, an expert panel discussion on growing markets and the Australian accommodation outlook. – Panelists TBC